University launches ‘UEA is United’ campaign following Brexit vote
- Credit: Archant
The University of East Anglia has launched a social media campaign to show support for people from around the world who come to it, following the referendum vote for the UK to leave the European Union.
The initiative asks people to add a message to the picture displayed on their Twitter accounts, which says 'UEA is United'.
It comes during the week that the university holds more than a dozen graduation ceremonies.
Andrew Stronach, head of corporate communications at the university, said: 'UEA is United is a social media campaign designed to allow UEA staff, students and alumni to publicly show their support for students and staff from all over the world who come to UEA to study and work.
'It's an expression of the fact that the university remains outward-looking, and that with more than 120,000 graduates from 191 countries around the world, UEA really is a family of nations.'
You may also want to watch:
In a campaign description, the university said: 'UEA welcomes students and staff from around the world. Whatever happens with Brexit our outlook remains global. EU and international students and staff will always be part of our family of nations. UEA is united.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault