Parents protest outside Trafalgar College over merger plans
- Credit: Archant
More than a dozen parents have been protesting outside a Great Yarmouth school this morning.
The protestors were at Trafalgar College, which on Friday was revealed to be merged with Great Yarmouth Charter Academy.
The parents say the merger will lead to the loss of Trafalgar College's secular ethos when it closes.
Parents are also concerned about having to send their children to Great Yarmouth Charter Academy instead when the merger is completed with a Christian ethos.
There are also concerns on how eight pupils have since been excluded from Trafalgar College since the merger confirmation was announced on Friday by the Inspiration Trust, which runs both schools.
You may also want to watch:
The Inspiration Trust the merger offers the best opportunity to secure the broadest, highest quality curriculum for children in the town.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 4 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 5 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 10 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock