Taverham Youth Brass Band is recruiting new members
Budding young musicians have the chance to join a Norfolk band which is recruiting new members.
Taverham Youth Brass Band – the youth section of Taverham Band – was set up three years ago and musical director Ian Colman said it was 'thriving', and now looking to expand. The youth band has space for about 15 new members.
He added: '2012 has been an exceptional year for Taverham Band, with performances at Chatsworth House and Sandringham for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebration.
'Additionally the youth section of Taverham Band has also been thriving and is ready to expand.
'The youth band consists of over 23 youngsters from the age of nine upwards and summer 2012 has seen a number of performances given in their own right.
You may also want to watch:
'The growing success of the band means that more youngsters can be accommodated from September.'
He said the band was keen to hear from anyone with 12 months or more experience playing an instrument.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
'It is a fantastic group activity and the children we have thoroughly enjoy working together, playing music and entertaining,' he added.
Membership costs for the youth band are �16 per term, and it has instruments available for free loan.
Taverham Youth Brass Band rehearses term-time at Drayton Infants School on Tuesdays from 6.30pm until 7.15pm. The next rehearsal is on September 11. For more details contact Mr Colman at email@example.com or call 01603 868680.
Do you have a story? Call reporter Emma Knights on 01603 772428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org