Success for UEA in national student experience survey
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2008
The University of East Anglia is continuing to offer one of the best student experiences in the country, according to a survey released today.
The UEA came joint sixth in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey, which is based on responses from almost 14,700 full-time undergraduate students across the UK.
In 2013, the university topped the survey, and last year it came third.
This year, it scored particularly highly for having high quality staff and lectures, coming equal fourth, behind Oxford, Cambridge and Newcastle University on this score.
UEA vice-chancellor David Richardson said: 'I am thrilled that UEA has maintained its excellent track record in offering a top-class student experience.
You may also want to watch:
'We are in esteemed company in the top ten and will strive to continue and improve on the efforts of the university to make UEA an exciting and fulfilling place to be. It's testament to the well-rounded experience UEA and the Union of UEA Students offer in our thriving campus community.'
John Gill, Times Higher Education editor, said: 'The easing of student number controls has led to significant expansion by some universities, and competition for students is set to increase further with the uncapping of student places this autumn. This is putting new pressure on the student experience as institutions change in size and shape.'
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 7 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
Do you have an education story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org