Stephen Fry backs scheme encouraging Norwich school alumni to offer careers advice
- Credit: Archant
An actor has backed an initiative which sees former Norwich students return to their schools to give careers advice.
Future First launched the scheme in September, with City Academy Norwich, City of Norwich School, Notre Dame High School, Open Academy and City College Norwich (CCN) all signing up.
Stephen Fry has now backed the campaign, having studied A-levels at CCN in 1976/77.
The scheme hopes the alumni will inspire the current generation of pupils.
Mr Fry said: 'As a proud alumnus myself of CCN, I am so happy to support the Future First initiative. People come from all over the region to take advantage of what the college has to offer in terms of its unique breadth and depth of courses, and it is only right that the bond that forms between students and the institution itself should be strengthened and alumni get the chance to take advantage of the good fortune and achievements of fellow students.'
• For more information, click here.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 4 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 7 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 8 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea