Sheringham Primary School pupils celebrate the year’s successes with songs, a sports day and a summer fair
- Credit: Archant
Sheringham Primary School pupils had a chance to compete in traditional events including egg and spoon and sack races, at a sports day held on Sheringham High School fields.
The youngsters have been gearing up for the start of the summer holidays with a series of events including a summer fair, which raised £3,000 towards a cookery classroom project.
They also took part in a lifeboat week which saw crew members host a morning assembly and local group The Shantymen teach children sea-themed songs.
The event raised more than £600 for Sheringham RNLI and the North Norfolk Surf Lifesaving Club.
School choir members, who last week sang for residents at Halsey House, Cromer, will be performing with the Shantymen this weekend during the town's celebrations marking 150 years of RNLI history.
You may also want to watch:
Head teacher Sue Brady said: We are proud to support the RNLI in any way we can; they are a vital part of our school community in helping us teach children about keeping safe.
'The assemblies they do for the children are always very popular, particularly when two 'willing volunteer' teachers gets to race each other to get into the lifeboat crew clothes; the children literally can't contain their excitement!'
- 1 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 8 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life