School’s delight as it retains its ‘good’ rating following inspection
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A west Norfolk school still deserves its 'good' Ofsted rating, an inspector found.
Fairstead Community Primary and Nursery School, in King's Lynn, has about 370 children on roll, aged from 3-11.
The recent visit to the school in William Booth Road was the first short inspection carried out since it was judged to be good in 2011.
Headteacher Hazel Spinks said: 'We are very pleased with the findings.
'We were especially pleased they noted how well-behaved the children were around the school and in lessons, and that they enjoyed learning and were well cared for.'
You may also want to watch:
In the report, Ofsted inspector Chris Moodie says: 'The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education since the last inspection. All of the areas for improvement identified at the last inspection have been tackled effectively.'
He added: 'Children enter the early years foundation stage with skills and knowledge that are often well below age-related expectations.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
- 8 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 9 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
'The nursery and reception classes provide them with a very strong start to school. By the time they leave reception class they have made good progress in many areas of learning.'
The report recommends that – to improve further – the school needs to ensure that 'the very good quality of topic work currently being produced by pupils in Years 2 and 6 is replicated across other year groups'.
Are you celebrating an Ofsted report in west Norfolk? Email firstname.lastname@example.org