School hits a home run with cricket award
- Credit: Archant
A school has been named Primary School of the Year by a national cricket charity.
Brooke V.C Primary School have been recognised for their work in promoting the sport by being named Primary School of the Year by the charity Chance to Shine.
The school was given the award at a ceremony at Lords cricket ground on Wednesday November 2 by the charity which aims to promote cricket through schools and communities throughout the country.
Headteacher, David Robinson, said: 'Cricket is a great game because it's really inclusive. It's a game that brings people together.'
'Having the school recognised for all the effort the children have put in, it's lovely to see that that's actually been acknowledged and recognised.
You may also want to watch:
'I want to give the children the opportunity to exceed in any way.'
In June, the school, which has 125 pupils aged four to six, made it to the finals of the ECB Kwik County Cricket Competition narrowly losing out to Attleborough Junior School on the final ball.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
The award was part of Chance to Shine's annual awards which aim to recognise the work done by individuals and organisations in promoting cricket among young people.
Brooke V.C Primary School takes over from Mortimer Primary School, in South Shields, who were the 2015 winners of the Primary School of the Year.
The award, sponsored by Smile Group travel, rewarded Brooke V.C Primary School for offering coaching, taking part in competitions and engaging with the Chance to Shine's cricket programme.