Row over East Norfolk Sixth Form College AS-level marking
A storm has erupted over the marking of AS-level English literature papers at Gorleston's East Norfolk Sixth Form College.
Principal Laurie Poulson has ordered the remarking of a sample of the college's 140 exam papers believing there to be serious anomalies in the grades.
He has also ordered photocopies of the papers so college staff can check the marking themselves.
He said: 'The grade distribution is clearly wrong. Students who were expecting As have got Bs or Cs and students expecting Bs have received Cs or Ds.'
He said there had been discrepancies in the marking of English papers in previous years; if the remarking highlighted a general problem all the college's papers would be re-assessed.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the examining board, AQA, said: 'Our English team are not aware that this is a widespread issue. The college have done the right thing in contacting us if they are concerned about their results, and we have well established procedures in place to deal with such queries.'
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 5 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 6 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 7 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 8 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 9 The Norfolk waterway that is too rude for Facebook
- 10 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults