Rotary Club of Dereham provides local schools with dictionaries as part of education project
- Credit: Archant
The Rotary Club of Dereham has provided local school children with dictionaries as part of an education project.
The Dictionary4Life project has been undertaken by the club for several years with the aim of helping to improve the literacy levels of pupils.
The dictionaries were presented to primary school children across the Dereham area and each child was given their own to keep.
The Rotary Foundation, with help from the Rotary Club of Dereham, covered the full cost of the project.
The Rotary Club of Dereham is part of a global network of volunteers undertaking a range of charity projects.
You may also want to watch:
Some of these projects include promoting peace, fighting disease, providing clean water, supporting education and growing local economies.
Some of the schools that were helped by the Dictionary4Life project include Garvestone Primary School, Yaxham V A Primary School and Mattishall Primary School.
- 1 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 9 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 10 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food