Primary school cross country runners compete at Gresham’s School, Holt
- Credit: Archant
The playing fields of Gresham's School in Holt played host to 750 young cross country runners from across East Anglia.
The runners, aged between 7 and 11 years from 32 schools across the region, took them on a route through Gresham's Senior School fields, past the Theatre in the Woods and on to the finish line in glorious sunshine.
Competition was strong with new record times recorded in both the U9 Boys and U9 Girls races.
There 900m races for U9s and a 1500m course for the U11s.
James Quick, headmaster at Gresham's Prep and his wife awarded the prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Max Wilson from Gresham's Prep won the U9 boys' event and achieved a new record time of 3 min 38 sec.
Iris Harmer from Dersingham St George's CofE Primary School won the U9 girls' race in a new record time of 3 min 51 sec.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 8 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 9 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 10 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
Henry Phillips from Colchester High School and Grace Forster from The Old School Henstead won the U11 races.
The team events were won by: Fakenham Junior School (U9 boys), Norwich High School (U9 girls), Colchester High School (U11 boys) and Norwich High School (U11 girls).
Richard Brearley, deputy Head and organiser of the event said: 'It is a privilege to welcome so many enthusiastic children who are eager to run.'
Local schools taking part included Aldborough Primary, Blakeney Primary, Bure Valley School, Buxton Primary, Cawston VC Primary, Corpusty Primary School, Gresham Village School, Holt Primary, Kelling Primary School, Northrepps Primary School, Sheringham Primary School, St Nicholas House School from North Walsham, and Worstead Church of England VC Primary School.