Prep school in Norwich given top rating by education watchdog in ‘excellent’ report
- Credit: Archant
Notre Dame Preparatory School, on Dereham Road, was rated excellent - the highest rating - by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) in its two categories - quality of pupils' achievement and personal development.
The inspection, carried out over two days during the summer term, praised the 'extremely articulate' pupils' 'positive and supportive attitudes to learning', and their 'exceptional' spiritual understanding.
Inspectors said pupils are 'curious and willing to challenge themselves', with attainment above the national average. Headmaster Kieran O'Herlihy said: 'I would like to pay tribute to the contribution made by every one of our pupils, staff, governors, parents and volunteers who all make this school what it is at the heart of this community in Norwich.
'We have received wonderful support in helping to achieve this excellent inspection report. As a school we seek to develop compassion, empathy and co-operation and encourage our pupils to look beyond themselves in order to develop spiritually and creatively.
'We all work hard to create an environment in which our pupils can grow in confidence, set goals and take risks and believe in themselves and acknowledge their own strengths and weaknesses.'
You may also want to watch:
It comes after parents and pupils raised £5,186 for the Norwich-based Door to Door charity - which helps people with severe mobility issues - during the summer term through a gala ball and dinner at Norwich City Football Club.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month