PHOTO GALLERY: Young Norfolk performers show off their dancing skills
Musical theatre, ballet and more have been on the timetable this week at a special summer school for young dancers.
About 90 young students aged five to 18 have been taking part in the Norfolk Dance Association's annual summer school, which is being held at the Hewett School in Norwich.
The programme began on Saturday and today the dancers will be presenting what they have learned over the past six days in a 40-minute end-of-course showcase for family and friends, which will be held at the Hewett School's Walter Roy Theatre.
Among the performances in the show will be the Spanish Dance from Swan Lake.
Ilse Chant, chairman of Norfolk Dance Association, said the young dancers had been taking part in musical theatre, jazz, ballet, contemporary dance classes, and she said she was very impressed with their achievements.
You may also want to watch:
'The standard is very high and the young people are very enthusiastic,' she said.
'It is one of the best years we have ever had.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
'I always talk to the children and ask them what their favourite classes are, and they are having a great time which is brilliant.
'There is a lot of talent here.'
She added: 'This year we have also got a lot of mothers who were students at the original summer schools here with their children, which is lovely.'
Norfolk Dance Association, which has been running since 1981, is a registered charity.
As well as the summer school, the organisation also runs a Norfolk Scholars scheme where talented pupils are chosen by audition to take part in a series of special classes.
Auditions are due to be held in October. For more information call Mrs Chant on 01603 406700.
Are you involved in a new arts project in Norwich? Call reporter Emma Knights on 01603 772428 or email email@example.com