Photo gallery: Thetford Grammar School hosts swimming gala
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters' sporting efforts were celebrated when they took part in a swimming gala.
Thetford Grammar Junior School held its annual house swimming gala at Breckland Leisure Centre on Friday.
All pupils aged between three and a half and 11 had been involved in weekly swimming lessons and the gala was a culmination of their hard work.
Children competed for their house in a variety of events including relays, single length set styles and freestyle races.
The younger children competed in events appropriate for their age group including 'Kipper Sandwich' and 'Woggle' races.
You may also want to watch:
Both parents and pupils cheered the competitors along and there was said to be 'great team spirit' shown amongst the pupils.
The final scores were close but the overall winner was the house team Millingtons.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
William Pettit, the house captain for Millingtons, said: 'The swimming gala was great and so much fun. I am so thrilled that my house won and congratulations to everyone who competed.'
Hannah Butler-Hand, head of the junior department, awarded the winning house their trophy during the presentation ceremony and congratulated all of the pupils for their hard work and sportsmanship.
To see more photos, go to this story at www.thetfordandbrandontimes.co.uk