Photo gallery: Schools fitness roadshow visits Northrepps
- Credit: Archant
Children are being encouraged to learn about healthy living and improve their own fitness with a series of roadshows.
The fitness roadshows have been organised by North Norfolk District Council and are taking place in primary schools across north Norfolk.
Children who take part are given workbooks to complete during the five week programme, where as well as doing physical activities, they also learn about how the body works and how to keep it healthy.
They are encouraged to complete 20 or more activities during the programme, and those who do are rewarded with a free swim pass for use at Victory Swim and Fitness Centre in North Walsham or Splash Leisure and Fitness Centre in Sheringham.
One of the schools taking part is Northrepps Primary School.
You may also want to watch:
Head teacher Angie Hamilton said: 'The children have enjoyed the activity. They are all focussed on improving their fitness and getting healthier.
'Having a goal to beat is spurring them on even more. The hands-on elements of the practical sessions have been wonderful.'
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 5 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
Pupil Caleb Holmes, nine, said: 'It is really fun, the best bit I like the most is running about.'
The school has also just appointed a new sports coach Ben Richards to work with the children during breakfast club sessions and after school, encouraging them to do different exercises or play games.
He said: 'It helps them to use up some of their energy and just let off steam.'
Other primary schools taking part include Swanton Abbot, Horning, Happisburgh, Colby, Kelling, Blakeney, Northrepps
Stibbard, Walsingham, Hindringham, Erpingham, Sheringham, North Walsham and Wells.