Parents - we’d like to know how pricey sending your children to school is
- Credit: PA
With food, clothes, toys, childcare and holidays - bringing up a child is no cheap feat.
Experts put the average price tag of raising a child to the age of 21 at almost a quarter of a million pounds, while one study says raising a teenager costs more than £6,000 a year.
And the years spent at school are a significant chunk of the cost - with school uniforms, trips, meals and kit easily spiralling into the thousands per child.
As the cost of the weekly shop rises and schools' budgets continue to tighten, parents around the country are facing rising costs - and we like to know just how expensive education is for parents and carers around our region.
We've created a quick, anonymous survey, covering expenditure on areas including uniform, school meals and new-term kit.
You may also want to watch:
To share your thoughts, please fill in the survey and leave your comments below.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument