‘Caring heart of the community’ - inspectors heap praise on two Sprowston schools
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Inspectors have heaped praise on two Sprowston schools in their most recent visits.
White Woman Lane Junior and Cecil Gowing Infant Schools were visited by Ofsted in February, four years after they were originally told they were good - the body's second highest rating.
And inspectors found the schools still deserved that grade in the latest visits, with Cecil Gowing described as the 'caring heart of the community it serves'.
They said pupils love coming to school because 'they know they are safe and valued'.
White Woman Lane was described as providing a 'highly positive, warm and vibrant atmosphere', in which pupils thrive.
You may also want to watch:
Inspectors said the curriculum provided 'rich opportunities' for learning, which were tailored 'exceptionally well' to pupils' various needs.
The body said it appeared the school was moving towards an outstanding rating.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 4 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction