Norwich student’s mission to put smiles on faces with uplifting postcard messages
- Credit: Archant
A mystery Norwich student has been spreading smiles by sending kind-hearted postcard messages to strangers.
The girl, who studies at City College Norwich, has been anonymously sending the uplifting, handwritten messages to people going through difficult times.
Her project is called Sending A Smile, and she invites people to nominate places where there are individuals who may be in particular need of a boost.
Hospital wards, nursing homes and specialist treatment centres, for example for teenagers with eating disorders, have all benefited from her efforts.
The college student, who wishes to remain anonymous, sends letters to these centres so that staff can pass them directly on to individuals for whom the words of comfort and hope might bring a much-needed smile.
You may also want to watch:
The letters include positive and hopeful messages such as: 'We may not know each other, but I wanted to remind you how special you are! The world is a brighter place for having you in it! I think you're amazing!'
Messages like this have brought smiles to recipients up and down the country, spanning all generations.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 3 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 7 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
The student behind Sending A Smile has been sending the letters for about three years. She said: 'I don't know who will receive them, so they're not specific, but I hope that they are messages that people need to hear, and I like to think that they will help somebody.
'Most of the letters I write are just reminding people how special they are, how loved they are and how strong they are.'
To nominate a place to receive some Sending A Smile letters, you can do so by visiting the Sending A Smile Facebook page