Norwich school holds fun day to try and continue free trips for pupils
A Norwich school is holding a fun day on Sunday as it tries to continue its policy of not charging for school trips.
Magdalen Gates Primary School, in Bull Close Road, is holding its family fun day, Magstock, between 1pm and 5pm.
The fun day will have local bands playing live as well as a barbecue, bouncy castle and games, costing �2 for adults and nothing for children.
Headteacher Cara Jermy said: 'It is important that we continue our no charge policy for outings for the pupils as it enhances their understanding of a topic.
'We are holding our fun day not only to raise money but to build bridges between us, the local school and our community around us.'
You may also want to watch:
- Are you attending an event in Norwich this weekend? Submit your pictures and details of the event to the EDP and Evening News at www.iwitness24.co.uk
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021