Norwich playschool keeps its outstanding status
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich playschool has retained its outstanding status in its latest Ofsted report.
The school inspectors gave Pavilion Playschool, of Angel Road, Norwich, the highest grade across all areas of inspection.
Their findings praised the leadership and management shown at the playschool, as well as the contributions made to the well-being of the children who attend.
Jenny Smith, a supervisor at the playschool said: 'We have worked very hard to maintain the standard from 2009 and to say that we have achieved our goal again is a very satisfying feeling.
'We always keep up to date with training and work very closely with the infant school to make it an easy transition as possible for children when they start reception.
You may also want to watch:
'It is nice to get such praise when our work can be under so much pressure from day to day.'
The playschool were given the same rating in their last report back in 2009.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
'Since 2009 there haven't been any major changes, we are a team that has worked together for a long while and who have put in a lot of work which has allowed us to get a consecutive outstanding report from Ofsted, which is something we are all overjoyed to receive,' she added.
The playschool was opened and started in St Lukes Church Hall on Aylsham Road in the mid-1960s.
They moved to their current location on Angel Road in December 1999.
Today the playschool cares for 64 children aged up to four, and is located by Angel Road Infant School which many of the children go on to attend.