Norwich playschool keeps its outstanding status
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich playschool has retained its outstanding status in its latest Ofsted report.
The school inspectors gave Pavilion Playschool, of Angel Road, Norwich, the highest grade across all areas of inspection.
Their findings praised the leadership and management shown at the playschool, as well as the contributions made to the well-being of the children who attend.
Jenny Smith, a supervisor at the playschool said: 'We have worked very hard to maintain the standard from 2009 and to say that we have achieved our goal again is a very satisfying feeling.
'We always keep up to date with training and work very closely with the infant school to make it an easy transition as possible for children when they start reception.
You may also want to watch:
'It is nice to get such praise when our work can be under so much pressure from day to day.'
The playschool were given the same rating in their last report back in 2009.
- 1 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 2 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 7 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
'Since 2009 there haven't been any major changes, we are a team that has worked together for a long while and who have put in a lot of work which has allowed us to get a consecutive outstanding report from Ofsted, which is something we are all overjoyed to receive,' she added.
The playschool was opened and started in St Lukes Church Hall on Aylsham Road in the mid-1960s.
They moved to their current location on Angel Road in December 1999.
Today the playschool cares for 64 children aged up to four, and is located by Angel Road Infant School which many of the children go on to attend.