School stays closed due to staff shortages
- Credit: Google
A Norfolk school has remained closed today following staff shortages.
The list of school closures on the Norfolk County Council website includes North Wootton Academy in King's Lynn, stating it was "closed again" on Friday, July 9 due to staff shortages.
A post on the school's website told parents and carers on Thursday that the school building was shutting due to not having "a safe level of staff".
It added: "We apologise for the lateness of this decision but this was after a discussion with PHE (Public Health England) this morning.
"Those who are already self-isolating should access their live lessons as planned."
You may also want to watch:
It said it would update parents and carers with more information once they know how long the closure will be for.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 7 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 8 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 9 Motorists have fines and points cancelled over £2m speed cameras blunder
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11