Teenagers cook up three-course meal at pop-up restaurant alongside celebrity chef
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk teenagers have served up a three-course meal alongside a celebrity chef in their own pop-up restaurant.
The One Night Inn event saw the children, all in the care of Norfolk County Council, prepare a meal for 60 guests.
It marked the end of an eight-month project aimed at helping them hone their catering and hospitality skills.
They were joined by Mark Lloyd - who has appeared in cooking shows such as Hairy Bikers and River Cottage - who mentored the group and ran special workshops.
The group, aged between 13 and 17, cooked their menu at South Green Park, in Mattishall, with guests asked to donate on the night, giving a total of more than £1,000 to be donated to the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Rebecca Pearson, 13, said: 'I have learnt so much over the last few months, made some good friends and had lots of giggles, especially with Mark, and my family thought the dinner was amazing.'
The project, On Your Marks!...School Diners with Chef Mark Lloyd, was organised by the council's Virtual School for Children in Care, specifically for young people who were enthusiastic about cooking or catering.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 10 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash