Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire universities have places available through clearing
Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire's universities and higher education colleges are encouraging students to not give up hope if they have just missed out on a place to study.
The University of East Anglia, Norwich University College of the Arts, City College Norwich and University Campus Suffolk both have some places left and are talking to learners through the clearing and adjustment processes.
A UEA spokesman said the Norwich campus had a limited number of spaces on courses including philosophy, law, chemistry, computing, and in the school of film, television and media studies.
She added: 'All students coming to us via clearing and adjustment will be guaranteed university accommodation.'
The number of applications to Nuca were particularly high this year but principal John Last said there was still an opportunity to find a place through clearing.
You may also want to watch:
UCS has already been busy so far today taking calls from students keen to take up a place on its business, arts, humanities, social science and health courses.
A spokesman said: 'We're particularly keen to hear from potential science students who perhaps missed the grades they required or are returning to study after a break. Our science, nutrition and sport programmes offer a four year route with lower entry requirements and a generous, non-repayable bursary of �8,000. 'We have fantastic science facilities including our �21m James Hehir Building which will be open for tours and demonstrations at our open day this Saturday, August 18.'
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 6 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 7 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
City College Norwich said it too had some places available on a variety of degree and higher education courses.
For more information call the college's higher education office on 01603 773741 or visit www.ccn.ac.uk/clearing-2012
To find out about places at UEA, call the Clearing hotline on 0300 300 7994.
For Nuca, call 01603 751485.
And for UCS call 01473 338352 or visit www.ucs.ac.uk/clearing