Blackberries, reptiles and rugby - can you spot your child in our School Report gallery?
- Credit: Old Buckenham Primary School
From blackberry picking to a visit from a best-selling author, it has been a busy week in Norfolk's schools.
Old Buckenham Primary School's Year 2 children went blackberry picking - they gathered enough wild berries to bake a blackberry crumble which was enjoyed by the whole class.
Wildlife was welcomed into the classroom for Ahlberg Class at The Limes Academy. They were visited by Africa Alive and had the chance to hold the reptiles whilst learning about them.
Avenue Junior School children met Cressida Cowell, author-illustrator of the bestselling How To Train Your Dragon series, she hopes to get every child to enjoy reading. Her visit left children at the school inspired and enthusiastic about both reading and writing books.
Upwell Academy's PE coach, Miss Yardy, entered a competition ran by O2 to take part in a Touch Rugby Tournament at Twickenham Stadium. The children had were able to experience running through the tunnel and onto the pitch and even received a master class session from former England rugby player Jonny Wilkinson.
You may also want to watch:
Former South African rugby player, George Fouche, visited Hempnall Primary School to work with children in all the classes as part of his Dare to Aspire workshops. He worked on raising the children's life aspirations and spent time training the staff after school too.
- Check out our new community for teachers and school staff Enjoy Teaching More on Facebook.
- Don't miss our School Report pages in the EDP and Norwich Evening News every Monday. To be featured in School Report, please e-mail your photos to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 9 Do you recognise this man?
- 10 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak