Norfolk disabled people’s film gets London premiere
A talented group of disabled people from Norfolk have travelled to London to premiere their new film today about disability to an audience of famous names at Westminster.
The film, Don't Dis Me I'm Able, is a celebration of disability which has been made by members of the Norfolk Youth Forum for Young Disabled People.
The film is being shown to MPs, peers, celebrities and disability campaigners at Portcullis House today and is the culmination of six months of hard work.
Members of the group, who come from across the county, had no film-making experience at all until the start of the project and after being shown the basics were given the task of putting together a short film which explores the lives and aspirations of their disabled heroes.
It also includes an insight into their own lives as well as featuring interviews with a number of famous faces including former home secretary David Blunkett, paralympians Dame Tanni Grey Thompson and Ade Adepitian, actor Matt Fraser and TV presenter Cerrie Burnell.
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Golding, a youth worker at the Norfolk Coalition of Disabled People's Youth Forum, said: 'The messages we've got from the people we went to interview have been really positive and really inspiring, just telling it how it is. That's what the group wanted to do – just tell the world what it's like for them. Disability is a normal part of life – that's one of the messages we want to get through.'
n For more details, log on to www.ncodp.org.uk/youth-forum
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 7 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told