New Hong Kong-based investors visit Thetford Grammar School
- Credit: Archant
One of the country's oldest independent schools recently welcomed its new Hong Kong-based owners to Norfolk.
Cheng Xiao Lin and Luo Rui, the chairman and chief executive of China Financial Services Holdings Ltd (CFSH), visited Thetford Grammar School to discuss their investment plans for the 900-year-old school.
Thetford Grammar School Ltd, the newly formed UK company funded by CFS, recently acquired the school and pledged to provide financial stability.
You may also want to watch:
Headmaster Mark Bedford said: 'These are exciting times. We are already seeing changes from the investment and are really looking forward to getting the school back to capacity, while retaining the same high academic standards and pastoral care that we are so well known for.'
The new owners discussed plan to stop the decline the school has experienced in recent years through investment.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 6 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 7 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 8 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 9 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears