Mobility scooter safety in Mulbarton
Mulbarton Mobility scooter users in the area are being asked to register for a free safe scooter course.
The awareness course aims to show users how to safely operate their mobility aids.
Officers from the Hethersett and Mulbarton Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) would like to hear from anyone who would like to take part in a course.
The date has yet to be confirmed but the course will allow scooter users to work their way through a series of cones, obstructions and props to boost their confidence when carrying out basic manoeuvres including parking, reversing and negotiating kerbs.
Police Community Support Officer for Mulbarton Darrin Sore, said: 'This course will help those who use mobility scooters to do so in a safe and appropriate manner. We realise the importance of these mobility aids to local people, and want to ensure their safety as well as other local residents.'
You may also want to watch:
For more information call 0845 456 4567 or e-mail email@example.com or visit www.safescoot.co.uk
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town