Academy trust expands teacher training into London after demand from the capital
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A Norfolk and Suffolk academy trust is to expand its teacher training to London after demand from the capital.
The Inspiration Trust launched a range of professional training programmes at its Hewett Academy, in Norwich, and Thetford Academy last year.
But it says demand has come from places as far away as Leicester and Coventry, as well as from London.
It has now decided to partner with a Greenwich school and expand its courses, with the first sessions to run on April 17 and May 17.
Director of education Christine Counsell said: 'We set up these courses primarily to help our local schools develop their staff, but increasingly we are being contacted by teachers from further afield who want to know more about our curriculum and knowledge rich approaches.
You may also want to watch:
'We are really pleased to be partnering with Thomas Tallis School in Greenwich to trial running courses in London, to help make those ideas accessible to the wider profession in an easy and affordable way.'
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 5 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 9 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 10 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village