‘I’m bored!’ - More than half of parents can’t wait for their kids to go back to school
- Credit: PA
With just over a week until kids across the region return to their classrooms a survey has found more than half of parents want their kids to be back at school already.
A survey of 2,000 parents across the country, by shopping centre owner Intu, found that 59pc of parents reach a point, around four weeks into the six-week break, when they are looking forward to the kids returning to school.
In East Anglia the top reasons were because parents were running out of money (43pc) and ideas to keep children entertained (35pc).
Nationally, the top reason parents gave for wishing their kids were back at school was due to constant complaints about being bored. Endless arguments, an untidy house and missing the normal routine also featured in the top ten list.
More than half of all parents even admitted that while they love the first few weeks at home with their children, the novelty usually wears off weeks before they are due to return to school. Six in ten admitted they find the school holidays a stressful affair, while 15pc said they didn't look forward to the summer holidays at all.
You may also want to watch:
Most children in Norfolk will return to school for the start of the new term on Monday September 5.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath