Village school to celebrate diversity with Pride week
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A Broads village school is to celebrate diversity through a Pride week later this month.
Children at Horning Primary School have discussed stereotypes and tolerance in the build-up to the week, which will run from July 16 to 20.
It will involve activities and visits to the school, with each class taking part in a creative writing session and a Sing with Pride Choir performance.
At the end of the week, the school will have its own rainbow parade and picnic with families.
All classes will take part in the parade, with each given their own colour. The school event will act as something of a warm up for youngsters, who are due to sing and take part in the Norwich Pride parade on July 28.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Chris Aitken said would be an 'exciting but busy week', that he hoped children would learn a lot from.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk