Hillcrest and Nelson pupils organise dragon dance in Downham Market
- Credit: Ian Burt
More than 80 passers-by and parents watched as Year 4 children from Hillcrest and Year 1 pupils from Nelson Academy performed.
Pupils organised the event to celebrate Chinese New Year.
Tracey Wakely, Year 4 teacher of Hillcrest said: 'we celebrate Chbinese New Year every year.
'In preparation we have made paper dragons and lanterns. We're learning about dragons in class and it helps with creative writing.
'It's important for the children to learn of different cultures and celebrate different festivals and it gets the children out into the community and they really enjoy it.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit