Teachers run 400 miles to fund treehouse and sensory garden
- Credit: Gresham's
A group of teachers have walked more than 400 miles to raise money for a charity which is aiming to build a wheelchair accessible treehouse and sensory garden.
The teachers from Gresham's School raised more than £3,500 during January for Holt-based charity, The Treehouse, which is aiming to build the garden and treehouse in the town.
Chris Cox, Julie Flower and Tom Burnett collectively ran a total of 414 miles as part of fundraising efforts.
The charity currently operates a community fridge and eco-friendly cafe in the town.
Mr Burnett, who is head of PE at the school and leads its charity committee, said: “We’re trying to think of different activities to enable us to continue raising money for The Treehouse throughout the year.
You may also want to watch:
"Running a minimum of 5km everyday was certainly a challenge and there were some tired legs towards the end of the month, but we had aimed to raise one pound for every kilometre we covered which motivated us to keep going."
Donations can be made on the group's JustGiving page which is open until February 8th: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/Greshamsjanuarydailydash
- 1 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 2 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 7 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 8 Caravan left dumped near beach for several years will be removed
- 9 Police investigate 'possible assault' after Dereham town centre fight
- 10 How landlord behind squalid flats was finally brought to justice