Gorleston school to celebrate opening of new library
- Credit: EDP, Archant
A school is gearing up to celebrate the opening of its new library.
On Tuesday St Mary and St Peter Catholic Primary School in Gorleston will officially open its new look library with the room being opened by the mayor of Great Yarmouth borough, Kerry Robinson Payne.
As part of the celebrations there are a number of activities to promote reading for pleasure for its pupils and their families.
There will be workshops with local artist Rebecca Osbourne to gather the views of children, parents, governors and staff about reading and books so they can be used to create a set of portraits and captions that will decorate the library.
Sara Stanley will then lead philosophy/story reading sessions in the library for groups of children.
You may also want to watch:
The day ends with a book sale organised with Norfolk Children's Book Centre where parents and children can come to browse and buy books in the school hall.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument