From the classroom to the coast: Gresham’s pupils go wild
- Credit: Greshams
Children at Gresham's Nursery and Pre-Prep School in Holt have swapped their classrooms for north Norfolk's award-winning coastline with the introduction of 'beach school' sessions.
The unique sessions have been introduced by newly appointed Headmistress, Sarah Hollingsworth, to help develop learning in a different environment for the children.
Building on the success of the school's forest school sessions, Sarah is hopeful that the children will make the most of their natural environment and is looking forward to the new beach school sessions enhancing an already rich and varied curriculum.
Sarah said: 'We are blessed to have such a wonderful natural environment on our doorstep; what better place can there be than the beach to inspire and excite young minds.'
Parents have offered their support to the initiative, with one mother of three children at the school adding after the first session, held at West Runton: 'Beach school was such a wonderful experience for the children.
You may also want to watch:
'What a fantastic opportunity for them to learn about the environment, find some exciting fossils, go rock pooling and run around in the fresh air on such a beautiful beach. What lucky children!'
The sessions are planned to take place at least once per half-term and will also be used to support in-class learning.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 8 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 9 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 10 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months
Sarah added: 'The great outdoors presents the children with so many opportunities to stimulate their curiosity and the freedom to use their senses to explore the world around them. I'm confident the sessions will become one of the highlights of the school term!'