Ex-Norwich City star Darren Eadie reflects on new role at Langley School
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Former Norwich City star Darren Eadie has spoken of how he will use his experiences on and off the field to help pupils in his new role as head of football at Langley School.
The one-time winger and now Mustard TV presenter took over the new post at the private school, near Loddon, last month, at the same time it became the new education partner for Norwich City Football Club and its academy.
Mr Eadie said: 'For me, first and foremost, I'm there to raise the standards of football at Langley School. At the end of the day, traditionally, most independent schools have not concentrated on football. This is very forward thinking and innovative from Langley.'
The footballer worked his way from an apprenticeship at Norwich City to becoming a regular in the first team, and will give advice to young people on the club's education programme.
He said: 'The mental-health side is a huge part of their self-confidence and well being. It's often overlooked, so I'm very keen to provide them with that from my experiences.
You may also want to watch:
'I have to be honest with them that 99pc will not become footballers. I'm keen to provide programmes so if they are released, they can go to other clubs or other routes to fall back on if the football route does not work out for them.'
Do you have an education story? Email email@example.com
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 3 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 9 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 10 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages