A west Norfolk high school is showcasing their original work
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Downham Market Academy is showcasing an original play this weekend, devised by its students.
The Island is a story about a plane that has crashed on a desert island and tells a tale of forbidden love and two cultures that come to blows.
The students have devised the performance themselves and student Evelyn, said: 'It has been so much fun. The rehearsals are a fun experience because you get to learn hat other characters people like to play and what they are like in rehearsal. It's a good bonding experience as well because it's not just people from class, it's for all ages.
Student Pip, said: 'I think it has a really interesting message about how you need to learn to live with other peoples cultures.'
Head of Performing Arts, Rachael Harris and writer/director Amy Chapman said: 'We are very proud of all 75 students involved from year 7-13. It promises to be an exciting and enjoyable show.'
You may also want to watch:
The performances are Thursday and Friday this week, at Downham Market Academy from 7pm.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 4 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 5 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 8 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 9 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 10 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening