Ring of unity demonstration to be held outside Great Yarmouth school
- Credit: Archant
A peaceful demonstration is to take place outside a Great Yarmouth school on Sunday as part of a campaign to try and save it from closing.
The ring of unity event will be held at Alderman Swindell Primary School from 11am with parents and concerned members community being urged to hold hands and circle the school.
In October Norfolk County Council announced its proposal to shut Alderman Swindell Primary School and merge it with North Denes Primary School in a new 420-place building in a £7m modernisation project.
Organisers of the ring of unity event say the peaceful demonstration is to show decision makers they were keen to carry on protecting their school.
It will last until 1pm and be followed by a fundraiser with craft and cake and stalls, raffles and a car boot type stall.
You may also want to watch:
Campaigners are also raising money to launch a legal bid to challenge the school merger consultation.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 How former teacher jailed for abuse of young boys was pillar of community