Cromer Academy’s 2015 prom
- Credit: Archant
Many months of hard work paid off for Cromer Academy's leavers who enjoyed a balmy summer night of fun at their school prom.
A dozen or so students had held meetings since last October to plan Thursday's event, held at the Northrepps Cottage Country Hotel.
Fundraisers, including cake sales, a staff raffle, and sponsored leg shave, raised about £500 to help defray the costs of the evening.
The cash paid for a well-used photo booth at the event, a popcorn and candyfloss machine, individual cookie favours, and a disco.
The evening, which began with drinks on the lawn, also included a two-course carvery meal, followed by pudding.
You may also want to watch:
Rinu Mathew won the prize for the best-dressed boy, while Caitlin Bryce was judged best-dressed girl.
And Henri Andrews and Allana Stephenson, who came in a tractor, earned the best arrival award.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
Other modes of transport included scooters, the cab of an articulated lorry, an old-fashioned London double-decker bus, and a motorbike and sidecar.
As well as the 75 students at the prom, the evening was attended by 20 members of staff.