Cringleford mum becomes an author
A Cringleford mum-of-three has created a new book for youngsters after being inspired to go back to class to help with her own children's learning.
Sheree Ladbrooke, 34, of Newmarket Road, is the author of Big Alien School, a colourful tale written in rhyme about an alien called Bow Bow Blue and what happens on her first day at school.
'Bow Bow Blue is worried about going to school but then she meets lots of different aliens who all have something good to say about school and how great it is,' said Miss Ladbrooke, who also did the illustrations for the book.
'I loved every minute of creating the book and I'm especially proud to have it on my children's bookshelf.'
Miss Ladbrooke – who lives with her partner Chris Joy and is mum to Cameron, nine, Oliver, seven, and Abi, six – left school with no qualifications and decided to go back to education because she wanted to be able to help her children with homework. She studied GCSE maths, biology and English, and wrote Big Alien School for her English course work.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Ladbrooke asked a teacher at Cringleford Primary, where she does volunteer work and where her children go to school, to read the story to pupils and she was delighted to find it inspired children to create their own monster characters. After receiving an A grade for her work she decided to look into self-publishing the book. 'The book is for my children. It is dedicated to them and Chris because of how they supported me while I was doing my exams,' said Miss Ladbrooke.
Big Alien School can be bought at www.amazon.co.uk and www.authorhouse.co.uk
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
Got a Cringleford story? Call Emma Knights on 01603 772428.