College of West Anglia principal goes “back to the floor” as plumber in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
The principal at the College of West Anglia swapped his office suit for overalls and went 'back to the floor', working alongside plumbing apprentices at a house in King's Lynn yesterday, as part of National Apprenticeship Week 2016.
David Pomfret worked alongside Liam Farrow and Daniel Starling, of Hall Heating and Plumbing Services.
He said: 'We have been running 'back to the floor' days for a few years now, with members of the senior management team joining myself in getting out of the office and working alongside some of our truly talented apprentices.
'I think it's really important to see the apprenticeship scheme that we offer through the eyes of the young person.
'This allows us to see how we can improve training opportunities, based on what the employer expects and ensure our apprentices get the most out of their placements.
You may also want to watch:
'I am passionate about the apprenticeships we offer through the college and was delighted to get to work alongside Liam and Daniel on-site.'
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea