Norwich student secures National Youth Theatre place
- Credit: Ormiston Academies Trust
A Norwich sixth former is set to follow in the footsteps of Daniel Craig, Helen Mirren and Ed Sheeran after being invited to become a National Youth Theatre (NYT) company member.
Year 12 City of Norwich School (CNS) student George Potter has secured a place on one of the theatre’s highly sought-after summer courses for which more than 12,000 people initially applied.
George, who successfully completed a two-stage virtual audition, has dreamt of attending drama school from an early age.
He has also performed in all of the CNS musicals while his mother, a drama teacher, taught Sam Claflin who even used to babysit George when he was little.
George said: “Sam Claflin is someone I admire a lot. He really inspires the younger generation and because, like me, he comes from Norwich, it makes a career in the industry seem more achievable.”
You may also want to watch:
Once he has completed the summer course, George will become an NYT Company Member up until the age of 26, offering casting auditions and backstage positions on NYT productions and opportunities for TV, film and stage productions.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?