City College Norwich vehicle maintenance students claim prize from Snap-on competition
Vehicle maintenance students at City College Norwich are enjoying some smart new equipment after winning a competition.
A new Snap-on graffiti 'skins' tool storage roll cabinet has been won from a competition staged at last autumn's WorldSkills event, at Excel London, at the heart of London's Royal Docks, where the tooling solutions specialist was a major sponsor and supporter.
Students studying a range of IMI approved vehicle maintenance courses in the college's School of Technology, Environment and Sports are now taking advantage of the new Snap-on KRA2411 storage cabinet.
Snap-on Industrial's Excellence in Education programme supports vocational training establishments and their students across the UK with the best tools and equipment, as well as the expertise to ensure their safe and effective use.
Steve Smithurst, motor vehicle lecturer at City College Norwich, said: 'it's a fantastic prize that provides a vast amount of additional tool storage for our students.
You may also want to watch:
'WorldSkills was an amazing event, which we all enjoyed and were inspired by the hard work and dedication that the competitors put in to be able to represent their countries at this prestigious event.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 6 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend