Blur drummer journeys through music career at Thorpe school visit
- Credit: Archant
Blur drummer and Norfolk councillor Dave Rowntree has enjoyed a visit to a Norfolk school.
Mr Rowntree visited Thorpe St Andrew School at the start of the month to talk to students about his music career.
Questions ranged from how he got into the music industry, to his musical tastes today and his highs and lows of being a part of Blur.
He also donated a drum kit that he played at Hyde Park in 2009 during a Blur concert, which has now been set up in the school's recording studio.
During the visit, Mr Rowntree also signed albums and memorabilia - and, at one point, even a cast on a student's arm.
You may also want to watch:
In May, he was elected to Norfolk County Council's university division for Labour. He said he hoped to raise political awareness among young people.
Thorpe St Andrew School offers GCSEs, A-levels, specialist and vocational courses in music.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month