Aylsham High School fashion show raises funds for prom
School prom fashions took to the catwalk at Aylsham as pupils raised funds for their end of school fling.
Aylsham High stages its prom in the stately setting of Wolterton Hall each June, with pupils arriving in transport from helicopters to wheelbarrows, and dressed up for the occasion.
But for the first time students are raising for extras such as a firework finale by staging a fashion show.
Thirty pupils turned models on Friday night to show off extravagant prom dresses from Essence of North Walsham, as well as day wear from Blossom and Green of Aylsham and menswear for the boys from Decorum of Holt and Mundesley.
The fashions included sleek ball gowns for the girls, and a Prince William Royal Wedding-style red uniform and James Bond cream tuxedo for the boys.
You may also want to watch:
Head of careers Diane Wade, a former fashion business owner, said students had planned and promoted the event which also included trade stands ranging from limousines and cakes to beauty product an flowers.
Her daughter Georgina, a model with the Sandra Reynolds agency had given coaching on catwalk techniques in a two hour show set to music themed on beautiful girls.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 5 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 6 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 7 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 8 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 9 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 10 The Norfolk waterway that is too rude for Facebook
It was aimed at giving students some experience of business and event management and helping to fund the prom, attended by about 600 people, but was mainly a chance to 'have some fun amid the stressful time' of the current GSCE exams.