44 photos of the University of Suffolk’s graduation ceremony in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Paul Tibbs
Hundreds of graduates were told of the bright futures ahead of them, inside the picturesque Great Yarmouth Minster.
The Great Yarmouth campus of the University of Suffolk held its graduation ceremony on Friday, where graduates received their degrees in front of beaming parents and family members.
Each graduate was welcomed with cheers, applause and the occasional whoop, as their hard work and dedication were acknowledged before a packed Minster.
Stuart Rimmer, principal of the university said it was a moment for the new alumni to 'enjoy, reflect and dream'.
He said: 'Receiving your degrees is the end of one dream, but also the chance to open new ones, and I urge you all to dream big.'
You may also want to watch:
Mark Goodall, area manager of oil and gas company Akert Solutions, who received an honorary doctorate, said: 'I am very proud to have received this honour. My advice is do not take anything for granted, and go and make sure your futures are clear and bright.'
Graham Hacon, CEO of 3Sun Group and Michael Timewell, director of Blue Sky leisure were both named honorary fellows of Great Yarmouth College.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
Applied care practice graduate Sarah Cassie was named higher education student of the year and gave the vote of thanks on behalf of her fellow graduates.