East Harling murder: Police release victim’s description and confirm bin collection delays
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A description of a man murdered in woodland at East Harling has been released.
Police, who said they are not yet in a position to officially name the victim, said the married father-of-two who from the local area is white, of slim build, was 5ft 7ins tall was wearing glasses and had grey hair.
They said he was wearing blue/grey trousers, a black T-shirt and brown walking boots.
He had been walking his two dogs, a nine-year-old Scarteen Harrier and a 13-year-old Trailhound cross, who were both found safe and well at the scene.
MORE: Police unclear about motive behind brutal murder of dog walker near East HarlingThe victim had travelled to the scene in a red Skoda Fabia car which has been recovered.
Chief Superintendent Mike Fawcett said he thought members of the public 'held the key' to unlocking who was responsible for the 'brutal murder'.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking at a press conference at Wymondham on Tuesday afternoon, Mr Fawcett urged people living in the area, as well as motorists in the area to provide them with CCTV or dashcam footage from Saturday morning which might hold vital clues to what happened.
MORE: Villagers living in fear after brutal murder of 83-year-old dog walker in woodland near East HarlingMr Fawcett added that while no motive had yet been identified it was his understanding that 'nothing was stolen from the victim'.
He said people living near to the scene were having their bin collections delayed so officers could search for items that might have been discarded, including bloodied clothing or a knife.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
He also revealed that about 50 officers were currently involved with the case and other forces may be asked to provide assistance.