East Harling murder: a timeline of the key events so far
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
? Saturday, August 5 - between 10.08am to 10.12am, Peter Wrighton is seen on CCTV buying a few small items in Kenninghall Post Office. Afterwards, he drives in his red Skoda to woodlands in East Harling to walk his two dogs. The 4.5-mile drive usually takes about 15mins. At 10.46am, Mr Wrighton's body is discovered. Police arrive at the scene to recover the body and do forensic analysis. The death is treated as unexplained, with an animal attack considered as one of the possible causes.
? Sunday, August 6 - the results of a post mortem examination confirm Mr Wrighton was murdered.
? Monday, August 7 - police announce that they have launched a murder investigation and begin carrying out house-to-house enquiries.
? Tuesday, August 8 - residents are urged to check CCTV and dash-cams for any footage that might be useful to police. Officers search bins and gardens for the murder weapon.
? Wednesday, August 9 - the victim is named as Peter Wrighton, with his family paying tribute to a 'lovely, gentle' man.
? Thursday, August 10 - CCTV footage of the last moments of Mr Wrighton's life is released, as police release details of three people they wish to speak to in connection with the attack.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 6 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 7 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 10 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket