East Harling charity UK2ROM visits Romanian children
- Credit: Archant
A couple who began a charity from their East Harling home have spread some Christmas cheer with a visit to help vulnerable children in Romania.
Jerry and Cathy Cuthbert began UK2ROM in 2010 with the aim of collecting and delivering essential aid to needy groups and individuals.
This includes families, homes for orphaned and abandoned babies and children, and centres for disabled young people.
This Christmas, they travelled to Comanesti to deliver shoe box gifts, clothing, shoes, bedding and food parcels. They were treated to carols by the children when they arrived.
The charity, which rents a storage unit on the Roudham Industrial Estate, always needs donations of clean, and in good condition, shoes, clothes, toys and other items which can be sold to raise funds.
You may also want to watch:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01953 717105.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 10 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening