Claire's 'contentment' sees her celebrate 105th birthday
- Credit: Black Swan
A Norfolk woman has been showered with more than 50 cards from friends, family and the community to mark her 105th birthday.
Claire Maggs, celebrated the milestone on Sunday with her family at the Beeches care home in East Harling.
She had a busy morning opening birthday cards receiving more than 50 cards, from friends, family and the community.
Black Swan which runs the home had put out an appeal for cards to mark her big day.
Mrs Maggs was born Clarice on August 8 1916 in Wales.
You may also want to watch:
At the age of 14, she began working as a housekeeper and married her husband Arthur at the age of 23.
Her employer thought the name Clarice was "too posh" for her and shortened it to Claire, a name she has kept ever since.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 4 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 5 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 6 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 7 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 8 Five takeaways planned to open in Norfolk
- 9 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 10 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
On what is the key to living a long life, Mrs Maggs said: "Contentment along a side of stubbornness, and not giving in."
Chloe Boon, deputy manager at The Beeches, said: "Claire adores her grandchildren, turned a blind eye to any mischief. She is always content with her life, and lived for her family."