East Coast Hospice charity shop in Diss aims to recruit more volunteers
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
A charity shop in Diss is appealing for more volunteers so it can open five days a week.
East Coast Hospice's shop, based on Market Hill, currently opens three days a week with the help of five volunteers.
Now they are hoping to recruit at least three more volunteers to open five days a week from Monday through to Friday.
The shop reopened at the beginning of October after shutting due to a lack of volunteers.
Annette Brightwell, volunteer shop manager, said: 'People can volunteer here all day or half a day. People can do as many hours as they like.
'When we reopened we decided to do things differently so everything is a pound or less.
'It's gone pretty well but if we can get more volunteers we will be open all week.' The East Coast Hospice charity, set up in 2007, is fundraising to build a specialist palliative care facility for the people of Great Yarmouth and Waveney.
- 1 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 3 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 4 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 5 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 6 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 7 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 8 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
There are currently eight shops in the charity's portfolio based in Diss, Gorleston, Great Yarmouth, Bungay, Caister, Beccles and North Walsham.
The Diss branch is currently open Wednesdays and Thursday from 10am until 3pm and on Fridays from 9am until 3pm.
Anyone interested in volunteering can call into the shop for an application form or call 01379 650396.
Are you looking to recruit more volunteers for a project you are involved in? Email email@example.com